Monday, January 5, 2009

Heaven, I'm in Heaven, and my heart beats so that I can hardly speak...

The kids have gone back to school!!! Need I say more? You could probably hear me cheering in California after drop off this morning. :o)

This was an unusually long break. The kids were off from the 20th of December until January 4th. Yes, that was a full 16 days. Normally, it's more like 10 days. That extra few days was tough on parents. I know all of the teachers and school staff loved it and deserved it. I worked in an elementary school for one year, and I now understand why the school year is designed the way it is...it's absolutely necessary! Everyone should have to be a waitress once and work in a school once. Both are eye openers and will change your views and attitude forever.

Back to the kids...Anyone who really knows me knows that I thoroughly enjoyed my time with them. We saw movies--Lewis, Bren and Will saw "Desperaux" and Sam and I saw "The Day the Earth Stood Still; we swam at the Y and played in the Gooch play center; we visited relatives; we visited friends; the kids went to a play ('Alice' at the Roundhouse Theatre) with Mom-mom; and they spent lots of time enjoying their gifts. We did some shopping, baked together (go figure), and rang in the new year by going to the First Night Talbot, then having dessert at Denny's (their choice) and coming home to watch the Three Stooges Marathon until midnight. By the way, if your kids have never seen the Three Stooges, they are deprived! Brenna, Sam and Will laughed so much. Especially Will since he'd never seen them before. Both Sam and I bowed out before midnight, but Will was so very proud that he stayed up until midnight and watched the ball drop. Brenna and Will even played 'school' yesterday--a clear indicator that they, too, were ready to go back to school today.

Brenna's big gift this year was her own Kodak Easy Share camera. She swiped my memory card, and now she said that it's full. I am loading the software today and will post some of our pictures tonight. Until then...Happy New Year!

No comments: