Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Frustration

So, I went to the dentist. I sat in the waiting room for an hour, and thank goodness the receptionist came back from lunch because she saw that I was still waiting and alerted the dentist (again!) I finally got to the examination room and waited ten minutes more.

So, now I am in the dentist's chair. Waited fifteen more minutes for the xray to develop and the dentist to arrive. No big surprises here...another root canal. Do I have any teeth left that haven't been worked on? Maybe the four front teeth...you know, the first ones you get when you're a baby.

Now I get the surprise. The dentist (one of about 10 in the practice) doesn't do root canal work. The dentist who does has no time. So, I either wait until January 23rd or drive to Baltimore on Wednesday. I opt for Wednesday. I have been dealing with the pain since the beginning of December!

Surprise #2. Our lovely new insurance plan--the one that has taken me to Annapolis for this visit and to Baltimore tomorrow--only pays a fraction of the cost. So, Wednesday will cost $795 and the crown in February is another $800. I've never paid so much for a root canal!

False teeth are beginning to sound like the better option.

(I promise that my next post will be more positive.)

No comments: