Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My, how time does fly!

Humiliating Your Dog 101
mastered by Brenna Pincus

Well, last night came and went, and I still didn't upload any pictures. I have no idea what I was thinking! Monday nights are crazy with our new schedule.

The kids come home at 4pm and it's relax and do homework until 4:50pm when we leave for gymnastics (Brenna) and guitar lessons (Will.) I drop Brenna off at 5:15pm, then accompany Will to guitar lessons from 5:30-6pm. We grab a bite to eat, then run an errand or two in Easton and head back to pick Brenna up at 8:00. We get home at around 8:30, the kids finish any homework that wasn't done while I make dinner for anyone who hasn't eaten. Everyone who is hungry has something to eat.

Last night was so fantastic--all of the kids ate the chicken teriyaki and rice, even Will & Brenna who had already eaten a small mac & cheese meal from Burger King, and they even raved about how good it was. No complaints, just snarfed food--a rare occurrence in our house! By the time we cleaned up and got into pjs, it was 10pm.

Luckily, Monday is in the early part of the week or this wouldn't work out at all. The new schedule includes Will's guitar lesson (no big deal), but also an extended gymnastics class because Brenna is almost ready for competition. I watched her last night after not having seen her in a while, and WOW! She had great form and was doing things that I know she never thought she would have mastered. I knew she could, but she didn't think so. After class, the coaches praised her and told me how fabulous her vaults were since they told the girls about a new technique.

Get this...you can't bend your knees if you are, pardon the description here but it's the coach's wording, squeezing your butt cheeks together. This was a riot to the girls on the team ages 8-10 years old. Coach Melissa said the looks on their faces were priceless. "Did she just say butt cheeks?!" Apparently, it works. Personally, I haven't tried it. I'll take their word for it. The coach had the girls lie on their backs and squeeze their 'cheeks' while trying to bend their knees, and they found out that it can't be done! So, vaults looked great last night. Brenna was always strong at vaulting, and now she's even better with 'The Squeeze.'

In any event, pictures didn't get posted. Tonight is religious school and a PTA meeting, so it's unlikely that I'll get to it tonight. Here's a few from my camera (sans memory card) until I get around to it. By the way, does anyone have a round tuit? I need one desperately! :o)


The 5th Night


The Yula Bread that Linda and I made for her family Christmas celebration

The Eighth Night...we love the lights!

No comments: