Friday, February 20, 2009

Stuck at Home

William was SO looking forward to one of this month's spirit days at school -- Pajama Day. He knew what pajamas he was going to wear and what stuffed animal he wanted to take with him. He was all set. Today, PJ day finally arrived, and Will came down with strep. Bummer. So, of course, I told him that he could have PJ day at home and he could even wear his PJs to the doctor's office. He was the cutest sicko there!

An extra bummer for me was that I had to cancel my lunch plans with my friend, Linda. I was looking forward to this lunch since I had been home for the past two days with Sam who had a stomach bug. Oh well, c'est la vie, as the French say.

What a wonderful surprise it was to find a shiny blue bag on our doorstep when we came home from the pediatrician's office. Inside was a "stuck at home kit." A puzzle, a coloring book, crayons (who doesn't love a fresh, new pack of crayons!?), an airplane, marbles (that Will said were "just like Sam's"), a book for Will and one for me, and a video. Will didn't even take off his coat. He went right to work! Thanks, Linda!! :o)







No comments: