Teeth. Dientes. Dents. Denti. Zähnen. Tänder. No matter how you say it, they are still teeth, and I despise them.
I am putting my dentist's children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren through college. Despite the fact that I brush, floss, and rinse multiple times daily, see my dentist twice a year for cleanings, and get lots of calcium, I have yet another incredibly painful abscessed tooth. The same tooth that has already had two fillings! I get cavities behind, under and around fillings. I think that the only teeth in my mouth that don't have fillings are my four front teeth (two top and two bottom) and the incisor to the right of my top front teeth.
Yes, it's hereditary. Somehow, when I am popping amoxicillin three times a day plus 800 mg of ibuprofen every 6 hours alternating with 1000 mg of acetaminophen every four hours and I am still in pain, the fact that it is hereditary does nothing to assuage my frustration.
I am also staring down a $6000 bill to put braces on Sam's teeth, and the orthodontist has the nerve to say "his teeth are mild." That's just one kid. Brenna has already had an expander to the tune of $1500. She will still need braces. Will is a thumb-sucker and has crowded baby teeth. So, when I am done putting my dentist's family through college, I'll start on the orthodontist's family! Yes, I knew braces were part of the package when I decided to have kids. That doesn't change the fact that I despise teeth!
Excuse me while I go take more meds...
No comments:
Post a Comment