Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Perfectly Boring


Today was a perfect day. Boring.

No 'fires' to put out; no kids are sick; no calls from the principal (which, thankfully, doesn't happen often with my kids); and I saw only one flea on the dog. I didn't have car trouble. Well, the PT Cruiser was already at the Chrysler dealer for engine trouble, but I didn't have any trouble today!

I sent the kids off to school, picked up the mail, went to two banks, had my nails done, worked out at the Y, and took my eldest to his regular medical checkup. My younger two kids walked home from school alone for the first time. (We live about 1/4 mile from the school.) The painters are doing a fabulous job on the outside of the house.

Tonight we have soccer practice for Will, and Sam will walk up to the Lions Club for his karate class while we are gone. We plan to eat out because of practice (a mother's dream--no cooking!) After dinner, I'll bring the kids home and my hubby will take over so I can go to work, which isn't really work to me because I am baking.

It's been a perfectly boring day. Just the way I like it. :o)

No comments: