Saturday, July 5, 2008

scenes from Alaska

Tell me more about Moby Dick! On the boat from Haines to Fairbanks. Sam looks thrilled. Actually, it could be 3am. We have no idea because it's daylight 24/7.
A view from Mt. Roberts, near Juneau, on June 30th.
A glacial lake in British Columbia, June 27th. Look at the color of the water!
A moose. Boy, was I wrong! Looked like a horse with large ears to me!

A waterfall near British Columbia on June 29th.
A bald eagle. The boys went to an animal research center on July 4th. Not sure if these wildlife pictures were taken there. They didn't get to see any fireworks on Independence Day because of the daylight. I emailed to let them know that we went without fireworks in Easton, too, because of rain. A caribou. I think I need lessons on moose and caribou because I would've called this a moose!
"Professor" Susan teaches chef school at the campsite near Mendenhall Glacier on 6/29. It's hard to tell, but I think it's Logan on her left and Andrew on her right. I'll have to ask Sam when he gets home.
The caption read, "we love hiking!" when Ms. Hanson sent this picture. Was she being sarcastic?? Hmmm...why are several boys in shorts and flip flops, Sam is in a heavy jacket, and others are in sweat jackets?? Boys!
Can't wait to hear more from Sam. What a trip!!


No comments: