I had to take a picture so that you'd believe me. Yes, plants usually come to me to die. They arrive alive and healthy only to find that they've entered plant hospice. I have a brown thumb. Or, at least, I thought I did.I received this african violet from friends, and I enjoyed the original blooms. I watched them expire, one by one, leaving this beautiful green foliage. Well, I carefully watered it, I put a little Miracle Gro on it, and watered it some more (not directly--from the tray.) To my surprise, this weekend this beautiful little violet emerged (and another little bud is peeking out on its right!)
I called my Mom and told her that I actually kept an african violet and grew some flowers!!! Woo hoo! Maybe my thumb isn't so brown after all? Maybe my newest hydrangea and black-eyed susans have some hope?? :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment