Sam started it! He always starts it. No, I am not a whiny sibling. I am a whiny parent!
Sam started the strep 'outbreak' in our family, and it has now spread to Brenna. Before long, it will be Will's turn, and I just may follow in Will's footsteps. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. Only time will tell. (heavy sigh)
You know why this happened, don't you? It's because yesterday, I decided that I was going to get back into my groove and start working out, cleaning the house, packing to move, etc. I had been avoiding it all...a bit overwhelmed by all of the changes that I am facing in the next 60 days. I do that sometimes. You know, wallow in self pity. We all do it. I am pretty good about pulling myself up by my bootstraps and getting back into the swing of things, though. That's what I did yesterday. I unloaded my worries to someone I trust and felt almost instantly better (minus the protein deposits on my contacts and swollen eyes from crying.) A good cry can be cathartic.
I was ready to go this morning. Or at least I thought I was going to be ready to go this morning. I ended up with Brenna in my bed all night because she couldn't sleep. She finally passed out after she got some ibuprofen on board, but I didn't sleep at all because I was so uncomfortable with visitors in bed. Yes, I could've gotten up and carried her to her own bed, but I didn't. My decision making is not very good at 3am.
Well, with 24 hours of antibiotics, she may be back to school on Thursday. Meanwhile, my plan is to mop some floors and finish the laundry. Hah! Finish the laundry. What a concept! I crack me up sometimes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment