Monday, January 26, 2009

I really, really, really want snow.

Check this picture out. It was on new year's day last year. Do you see the problem???


A hoodie, no coat. No gloves, no boots, no rosy cheeks or nose. NO SNOW. (Yea, the dog's bum is a problem, too, but I never said I was a photographer.)

Last year, we didn't have a really good snowstorm. We had a couple of one-inchers that closed school early, but even those closures seemed rather unnecessary when it turned to rain before the storm ended.

I miss snow. I like snow. Sure, it's best when it snows 5 or 6 inches, everyone gets a snow day, and it's 48 degrees the next day, so it all melts. Fun for a day. Hot cocoa, snow angels, snowballs, snowmen, wet boots, chilly noses. Does it get any better than that?

Yesterday, my mother-in-law said that the bigger storms usually come in February. Mom, I hope you're right. :o)

No comments: