Monday, November 24, 2008

Deer in the Headlights

My husband says that when things are too chaotic in the house, I get a deer in the headlights look and I'm useless. Needless to say, when the painter's daughter was sick on Friday and he couldn't come to finish the laundry room, I had the look all weekend. It was so bad that my sweet husband kept urging me to get out of the house--why don't you go to they gym? go shopping? sure! spend it all!

As of this moment (9:38 am on Monday), the painter hasn't arrived, but he hasn't called to tell me he's not coming. So, there's still hope...

For now, I am going upstairs to straighten up and put all the stuff in the attic that we've managed to accumulate while we purged rooms for this painting horror. By the way, in all of this craziness, we have discovered that Sasha is allergic to paint/paint fumes. I even have a $115 vet bill to prove it.

Your near the end, Mina...I just keep telling myself that it's almost over. So, if you see me today and I look a little like I may be sprouting antlers, remind me that the end is near. :o) And I get to bake about 30 pies tomorrow night for Minia. Therapy that I get paid for! Woo Hoo!!

No comments: