I read several other blogs, and it amazes me that people find time and subject matter for a post every day. This blogging is a tough job! For lack of better material, I will tell you about my day.
Well, remember my boring day? Today was NOT a boring day.
Today, I paddled upstream. It started with a 2-hour fog delay, so the kids were home until 11am. I tried to stay positive...I looked at it as a good thing because it gave me time to sit down and help keep Will focused long enough to get his homework done. (It was due today, but he hadn't finished because we were consumed with the Jewish holiday for the past two days.)
Then, I dropped the kids off at the school, picked up the clipboards from the PTA shed to deliver to the soccer coach, and went to Miss Minia's to grab a quick cup of coffee and my paycheck. I chatted for a few minutes, and I left for my next stop--Mid-Atlantic Tire to pick up the repaired tire from the flat we had on Wednesday...never a dull moment. Guess what I found when I went out to the car? Another flat tire! The spare was already on the car from the flat on Wednesday. So, I had to call our roadside service company to send a tow truck.
I got to Mid-Atlantic tire, and had to wait an hour for the mechanic to look at the newly flat tire. I decided, again, to make the best of the situation, so I went to Walmart to buy the birthday gift for the sleepover Sam is going to tonight. An hour later, the mechanic calls...the tire can't be repaired. So, I had him put the repaired tire from Wednesday onto the car and take today's flat off. (The tires were too expensive at Mid-Atlantic, so I decide to get a less expensive tire somewhere else tomorrow.) So, after all this, I'm still driving around on the 'donut.' Next stop, two banks.
Banking done, I went home to get the kids and drop them at their respective activities. Brenna and Will were walking home today. We live about 1/4 of a mile from the school, so it doesn't take long for them to get home. This is only the 2nd time they've walked, but they like it. Today, however, Brenna decided to take the long route, stop by to say hello to friends, pop her head into the consignment shop, browse in the pet shop, and then come home. I had to go out looking for them. Aaahh, kids. They'd gotten home in time to make an explanation video on Sam's laptop, which happened to be hilarious. Humor saved the day.
So, now I am off to take the kids all over creation. The light at the end of the tunnel? My husband is meeting me in Easton so that I can unload any kids in my care and go to the gym. I love, love, love the gym.
Let's hope that I find some inspiration to write more interesting blog posts. :o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment